the hands show the way of the heart

Problem solvers

| On
October 22, 2011

{Aiga}

Ser designer é estar permanentemente a resolver problemas, a correr riscos, a atingir resultados que quase nunca estão bem à primeira. Exige uma gigante capacidade de auto-motivação, de compromisso absoluto aos desafios e a constante certeza de que no fim tudo acaba bem. Se conseguir trazer isso todos os dias comigo, a "energia do fazer" fluirá melhor, no trabalho e na vida.

Claro que, depois de várias semanas difíceis de trabalho, acabo sempre por, por exaustão, pôr-me em causa ou pôr realmente tudo o resto em causa. Sei que são ondas que vão e vêm e que essas movimentações internas nada têm a ver com o que sinto por esta incrível profissão.

Hoje sinto que, apesar das crises, eu adoro aquilo que faço, por muitos motivos, mas sobretudo porque resolvo problemas, corro riscos e, depois de vais e vens, atinjo resultados que são uma mistura de ideias minhas e das pessoas para quem trabalho. Essa fusão, pode ser difícil, mas quase sempre é interessante se nos predisposermos a escutar e a deixar os projectos crescerem em direcções diferentes das que tínhamos imaginado à partida.

::

Being a designer is to be permanently solving problems, taking risks and achieving results that are almost never right at the first time. It requires a huge capacity for self-motivation, absolute commitment to challenges and constant certainty that in the end everything turns out well. If I can bring this with me every day, the "energy to do" flows better at work and in life. 

Of course that after several weeks of hard work, I always end up putting myself or putting everything else in check because of exhaustion. I know that it comes in waves that come and go and that these internal drives have nothing to do with what I feel for this amazing profession. 

Today I feel that despite this crisis, I still love what I do for many reasons but mainly because I solve problems, take risks, and after this "comes and goings" I reach results that are a mixture of my ideas and of the ideas of the people I work for. This fusion can be difficult, but most of the time it's interesting if you predispose yourself to listen and let the project grow in different directions than what we had imagined at the first place.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9