the hands show the way of the heart

1994

| On
June 22, 2011

Em 1994 fui a primeira vez a Londres. Tinha 12 anos. E levei a minha primeira máquina fotográfica, que tinha desde os 8.

Achei no outro dia estas fotografias e fiquei a pensar que hoje em dia nunca teria sido capaz de fazer uns enquadramentos destes... sendo bonitos ou feios, foram feitos sem medos. Acho que quando temos menos de 15 anos a nossa estética está muito menos comprometida ou condicionada por aquilo que os outros vão dizer ou pensar. Achei isso interessante! Talvez porque hoje em dia também me sinto bastante mais aberta e limpa do que era há uns anos atrás... naqueles anos em que não sabemos bem o que somos ou aquilo de que gostamos.

É um caminho estranho e sempre incompleto, cheio de influências e preconceitos. E em permanente mudança. Essa acaba por ser a única verdade.

::

In 1994 I went for the first time to London. I was 12 years old. And I took with me my first camera, which I had since I was 8 years old.

I found these pictures the other day and I was thinking that today I would never have been able to do some of these frames... being beautiful or ugly, they were made without fear. I think when we have less than 15 years old our aesthetic is much less affected or conditioned by what others say or think. I found it interesting! Perhaps because today I also feel that my mind is much more open and clean than it was a few years ago... those years when we're not sure of who we are or what we like.

It's a strange path and always incomplete, full of influences and prejudices. And constantly changing. This turns out to be the only truth.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9