the hands show the way of the heart

Things that matter

| On
June 22, 2011

This guy, Phillip Toledano, is so incredibly inspiring. I just love his work about his father. And I feel that... is so real you know?! I always liked old people and I also think that goodbyes can be a beautiful thing. Specially when one captures it in such an amazing and loving way.

"So we’re all in this world talking to ourselves and it’s naïve. But part of me feels as though it would be nice if art makes things better for people, for the world in some way, if it shows them something that is possible.

... saying goodbye can be a really extraordinary beautiful thing. We realize that we have to say goodbye to our parents at some point, but it can be a really beautiful experience if you look at it that way. And that, if you show it to other people, it’s giving people something useful in a way. And I guess I would hope that my work would be useful to people in some way, as well as to myself.

... if I can do art that changes people over time, shows them something for a second or a minute, changes their mind about something, that would be really worthwhile.

... I could just be f*cking talking to myself. I mean that’s the thing that you don’t know. Am I just bullshitting? Am I just drinking my own urine and telling myself it’s the finest red wine available? I have no idea. You know what I mean? You don’t know. You just hope that you make stuff that matters, firstly to yourself and secondly to other people."

{interview via 99% Behance}

::

Esta pessoa, Phillip Toledano, é tão incrivelmente inspirador. Eu adoro o trabalho dele sobre o pai. E eu sinto que... é tão real!!!
Sempre gostei de pessoas velhinhas e também acho que o adeus pode ser uma coisa bonita. Especialmente quando alguém consegue capturá-lo de uma forma tão surpreendente e cheia de amor.

"Então, nós estamos todos neste mundo a falar para nós mesmos e é ingênuo. Mas parte de mim sente como é bom se a arte torna as coisas melhores para as pessoas, para o mundo de alguma forma, se consegue mostrar-lhes algo que é possível .

... dizer adeus pode ser uma coisa realmente extraordinária bonita. Percebemos que temos de dizer adeus aos nossos pais, em algum momento, mas pode ser uma experiência muito bonita, se olharmos para isso dessa forma. E que, se mostrarmos isso a outras pessoas, estamos a dar-lhes algo útil de alguma forma. E eu acho que espero que o meu trabalho seja útil para as pessoas de alguma forma, bem como para mim mesmo.

... se eu posso fazer arte que muda as pessoas ao longo do tempo, mostra-lhes algo por um segundo ou um minuto, mudar a forma de pensar delas sobre algo, isso será realmente algo que vale a pena.

... Eu poderia estar apenas a falar sozinho. Quero dizer, isso é uma coisa que não sabes. Eu estou apenas a dizer disparates? Estou apenas a beber a minha própria urina e a dizer a mim mesmo que é o melhor vinho tinto disponível? Eu não tenho ideia. Entendes o que eu quero dizer? Não sabemos. Apenas esperamos fazer coisas que importem, em primeiro lugar a nós mesmo e em segundo lugar a outras pessoas."

{Entrevista via 99% Behance}
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9